Press Pause NowTM is pleased to announce that it is now accepting submissions for its first anthology. Press Pause NowTM is a unique retreat, workshop, and coaching program whose purpose is to help successful women rethink, refocus, and reenergize their lives. This anthology will capture the stories of successful transitions. Thanks for considering making a submission. Follow updates on Twitter at ppnanthology.
Life is about change. As human beings we’re always changing, growing, tranforming, and transitioning our lives – whether we’re seeking a new job, new career, or new direction. Whether it’s our circumstances that lead us to take a new path or a desire to pursue a goal or dream, we learn that as women we have the power to choose who we want to be, what we want to do, and what kind of life we want to lead.
This inspirational and motivational collection of essays and articles will focus on stories about women and their “press pause moments,” those points of transition when they have decided to take a different path, pursue a passion, or go after a goal or dream. The catalyst and outcome of the journey may be personal, professional, or both. Most importantly we are looking for diversity in the types of stories. We want to hear from all kinds of women doing all kinds of things (in other words, don’t hesitate to submit for fear your story won’t ‘fit!”) This anthology will celebrate the “go for it” spirit shared by women everywhere who define succses on their own terms and find the strength within themselves and among their network of supporters to make it happen.
- Nonfiction essays and articles should be between 800-2500 words in length, double-spaced.
- Only email submissions will be accepted and should be sent electronically as attachments (word doc) to email@example.com . Please put the word ‘Anthology’ in the subject line.
- Include a 65-70 word bio as you would like it to appear in the published anthology should your submission be accepted. You may include a website address for consideration.
- You will greatly increase your chances of inclusion if you take care to proofread your work and run a spell check prior to submitting.
- You may submit up to two essays or articles for consideration. Each submission should be sent in a separate email.
- Deadline for submissions is midnight, September 25, 2009.
- Publication is anticipated by early 2010.
- You can stay up-to-date about the anthology’s progress on this blog or follow on Twitter: ppnanthology.
Publishing this anthology is a new endeavor; unfortunately at this time we cannot pay for contributions that are accepted. However we will actively promote the anthology and your writing. Inclusion will provide writers with a focused publishing credit.
About the Editor
Anne Witkavitch is currently president of C-Suite Communications, a strategic marketing and communications firm, and founder of Press Pause NowTM, a life design and coaching program that helps successful women rethink, refocus, and reenergize their lives. She is a former Fortune 100 communications executive. Anne’s press pause story began when she decided to pursue a lifetime dream to become a published writer by returning to graduate school at the age of 42. Juggling fulltime career, parenthood, and studies, she earned her M.F.A. in Professional Writing and has published her work in a variety of publications. She also teaches, mentors, and speaks about writing, communications, leadership, and work/life balance.