The prize will be awarded in October, 2009 for the best poem addressing current war or armed conflict.
The winner will receive $100, have the selected poem published in both print and online editions of Consequence, be invited to read at the launch of Consequence Magazine's next print edition, and receive a three years subscription to the magazine.
All poems submitted will be considered for publication in both print and online editions.
Our Judge this year is poet and translator Kevin Bowen who will also present the award.
- No entry fee is required.
- Entry deadline is September 1, 2009.
- All poems must be in English: no translations please.
- Submit up to three original and unpublished poems.
- The total number of pages submitted should not exceed six pages.
- Submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter with biographical information, address, phone number and email address.
- Send to: Poetry Editor, email@example.com
- Email submissions can be in the form of a Microsoft Word document or embedded in the email.
- Send to: Poetry Editor, Consequence Magazine, P. O. Box 323, Cohasset, MA 02025-0323
- Please include a SASE for notification of results and returns.